ISAANZ Postgraduate Essay Prize in Irish Studies
The editors of the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies and the Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand are delighted to announce the 2017 ISAANZ Irish Studies Postgraduate Essay prize.
1. Publication of the winning essay in Australasian Journal of Irish Studies, subject to normal academic refereeing
2. A cash prize of AUD$300
3. A year’s membership of Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand.
- Entry is open to anyone enrolled in an MA or PhD between June 2016 and June 2017 at any tertiary institution.
- Essays on any aspect of Irish Studies will be considered.
- When submitted entries must be accompanied by the Entry Form.
- To be considered, essays must comply with the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies style guide:
- Essays must be 6000-8000 words in length (including endnotes).
- Essays entered for the prize and thus for publication in AJIS must NOT be submitted for publication elsewhere until AFTER judging is completed.
- The Editors’ decision is final.
Due Date: 8 February 2017
For any queries please contact Dr Dianne Hall <Dianne.Hall@vu.edu.au> to whom essays should be submitted as email attachments. The 2017 ISAANZ Essay prize entry form (editable pdf file) must accompany submission.