AJIS Volume 8 (2008/9): Contents
Articles, Special Issue: Gender and the Irish Diaspora
- Dianne Hall and Elizabeth Malcolm, ‘Diaspora, Gender and the Irish’ 3-29.
- Pauline Prior, ‘Emigrants or Exiles? Female Ex-Prisoners Leaving Ireland, 1850-1900’ 30-47.
- Pauline Rule, ‘Women and Marriage in the Irish Diaspora in Nineteenth-Century Victoria’ 48-66.
- Mary O’Connell, ‘Our Lady of Coogee: Marian Visions in Irish Australia’ 67-88.
- Paula Magee, ‘Fractured Irish and British Families in Western Australia: the Fairbridge Family Migration Scheme, 1960–69’ 89-111.
- Eugene Hynes, Knock: The Virgin’s Apparition in Nineteenth Century Ireland.
Carole M. Cusack
- C.E. Orser (ed.), Unearthing Hidden Ireland: Historical Archaeology at Ballykilcline, County Roscommon.
- Margaret Ó hÓgartaigh, Kathleen Lynn: Irishwoman, Patriot, Doctor.
- Louise Ryan and Margaret Ward (eds), Irish Women and the Vote: Becoming Citizens.
Margaret Ó hÓgartaigh
- Graham Dawson, Making Peace with the Past? Memory, Trauma and the Irish Troubles.
- Danine Farquharson and Sean Farrell (eds), Shadows of the Gunmen: Violence and Culture in Modern Ireland.
Colm McNaughton 122
- Kerby A. Miller, Ireland and Irish America: Class, Culture and Transatlantic Migration.
Malcolm Campbell 125
- Mervyn Busteed, Frank Neal and Jonathan Tonge (eds), Irish Protestant Identities.
Angela McCarthy 127
- Enda Delaney, The Irish in Post-War Britain.
Patricia O’Connor 129
- Laurence M. Geary and Andrew J. McCarthy (eds), Ireland, Australia and New Zealand: History, Politics and Culture.
- Richard and Marianne Davis, Ulster Enterprise and Public Service in New Zealand and Victoria, 1870–1920.
- Bob Reece, Daisy Bates: Grand Dame of the Desert.
- Catherine Nash, Of Irish Descent: Origin Stories, Genealogy, and the Politics of Belonging.
- Ronald Ford (ed.), The Letters of Bernard Shaw to “The Times”, 1888-1950.
- Mary Trotter, Modern Irish Theatre.
- Sebastian Barry, The Secret Scripture.
Christina Hunt Mahony
- Eileen Sheehan, Down the Sunlit Hall.
- Chad Habel, Ancestral Narratives: Irish-Australian Identities in History and Fiction.