The editors of the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies and the Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand are delighted to announce the WINNER OF THE 2020 ISAANZ Irish Studies Postgraduate Essay prize.
Ellen Orchard, of Queen’s University, Belfast is the winner for her essay titled: ‘CANNY WOMB WITH A VIEW’: NORTHERN IRISH POETRY AND THE WOMB.
There was a high quality field of essays from Ireland, Canada, USA, UK and NZ this year and we also send our best wishes for their future studies to those who were unsuccessful.
The following prizes are awarded:
- Publication of the winning essay in Australasian Journal of Irish Studies, subject to normal academic refereeing
- A cash prize of AUD$300
- A year’s membership of Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand.
Entry rules are:
- Entry is open to anyone enrolled in an MA or PhD between June 2019 and June 2020 at any tertiary institution.
- Essays on any aspect of Irish Studies will be considered.
- When submitted entries must be accompanied by the Entry Form.
- To be considered, essays must comply with the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies style guide:
- Essays must be 4000-6000 words in length (including endnotes).
- Essays entered for the prize and thus for publication in AJIS must NOT be submitted for publication elsewhere until AFTER judging is completed.
- The Editors’ decision is final.
Due Date: 14th February 2020