ISAANZ and the editor of AJIS are pleased to announce the
2022 competition is now open
The following prizes are awarded:
- Publication of the winning essay in Australasian Journal of Irish Studies, subject to normal academic refereeing
- A cash prize of AUD$300
- A year’s membership of Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand.
Entry rules are:
- Entry is open to anyone enrolled in an MA or PhD between June 2021 and June 2022 at any tertiary institution.
- Essays on any aspect of Irish Studies will be considered.
- When submitted entries must be accompanied by the Entry Form.
- To be considered, essays must comply with the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies style guide.
The Australasian Journal of Irish Studies is a fully peer refereed journal and welcomes contributions on any aspect of Irish Studies, including history, literary studies, politics and economics, as well as the Irish diaspora. The journal will also publish reviews of a wide range of books in Irish Studies from local, national and international publishers.
Articles up to 8,000 words in length should be submitted to the Editors for consideration. Intending authors should follow the AJIS Style Guide, and include an abstract and short author’s biography with the initial submission of the manuscript.
- Essays must be 3000-8000 words in length (including endnotes).
- Essays entered for the prize and thus for publication in AJIS must NOT be submitted for publication elsewhere until AFTER judging is completed.
- The Editors’ decision is final.
Due Date: 18th February 2022
For any queries please contact Assoc. Prof. Dianne Hall to whom essays should be submitted as email attachments along with the Essay Entry Form.