Prize Winner | 2023
2023 Winner of AJIS/ISAANZ postgraduate essay prize is
Laoighseach Ní Choistealba
for her essay titled …
Donegal Anti-Pastoral: Masculinity and landscape in two poems by Francis Harvey and Cathal Ó Searcaigh
The editors received a wide field of excellent essays and wish to thank
all those who entered the competition
Prizes & Rules
- Publication of the winning essay in Australasian Journal of Irish Studies, subject to normal academic refereeing
- A cash prize of AUD$300
- A year’s membership of Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand.
Entry rules are:
- Entry is open to anyone enrolled in an MA or PhD between June 2022 and June 2023 at any tertiary institution.
- Essays on any aspect of Irish Studies will be considered.
- When submitted entries must be accompanied by the Entry Form.
- To be considered, essays must comply with the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies style guide.
- Essays must be 5000-8000 words in length (including endnotes).
- Essays entered for the prize and thus for publication in AJIS must NOT be submitted for publication elsewhere until AFTER judging is completed.
- The Editors’ decision is final.
A copy of the essay, with this form, should be electronically submitted as a Word email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries can be addressed to one of the Editors: Dr Philip Bull, Dr Chris Murray, A/Prof Frances Devlin-Glass, Prof. Elizabeth Malcolm, Prof. Dianne Hall
You must be logged in to post a comment.