The Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand encourages and supports the study of Ireland and of the Irish Diaspora in Australia, New Zealand and internationally by facilitating the exchange of information and ideas among its members. Information is circulated through regular newsletters to members and through ISAANZ conferences.
The Australasian Journal of Irish Studies is the flagship journal of ISAANZ. The current issue (Volume 20) is now available.
- BAIS Seminar: Mother and Baby Homes Report“We Did It To Ourselves”: Law, Responsibility and History in the Mother and Baby Homes Committee of Investigation Report. Máiréad Enright, Birmingham Law School. Online seminar, 18th February 2020 at 7:00pm GMT (Dublin), 19th February 6:00am AEDT (Melbourne).
- BrigidFest 2021BRIGIDFEST committee are delighted to announce that as Victorian Government restrictions around Covid-19 have eased, BrigidFest will go ahead as a live event. With The Celtic Club’s support, the lunch will be held at a new venue, the historic hotel, Batman’s Hill on Collins. To ensure the viability of the event, […]
- 2021 Postgraduate essay competition is openThe 2021 ISAANZ postgraduate essay competition is now open, with entries accepted from anyone enrolled in an MA or PhD between June 2020 and June 2021 at any tertiary institution. Essays on any aspect of Irish Studies will be considered, and must be submitted by 15 February 2021.
- BAIS Online Events Programme 202015 October, 19 November & 17 December, 2020. The British Association for Irish Studies have scheduled online talks on 15 October: Race, Representation & Resistance in Contemporary Irish Writing & Culture’. Also 19 November: Becoming Irish? Brexit, Identity & Citizenship. And 17 December: A celebration of Irish Studies in Britain.
- 13th AGM Online, 9 December 2020The 13th Annual General Meeting of the Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand (ISAANZ) will be held online via Zoom on Wednesday 9th December 2020 at 7:00pm ACDT (Adelaide), 7:30PM AEDT (Melbourne), 9:30PM NZDT (Wellington). Meeting agenda, minutes and annual reports can be found on the ISAANZ AGM page.
Members receive the following benefits:
- Annual volume of the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies (optional subscription)
- Generous member discounts on back issues of AJIS and selected ISAANZ publications
- Regular newsletters
- Priority registration and discounts for ISAANZ Conferences
- Information about Irish Studies events throughout Australasia