Welcome to ISAANZ
The Irish Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand encourages and supports the study of Ireland and of the Irish Diaspora in Australia, New Zealand and internationally by facilitating the exchange of information and ideas among its members. Information is circulated through regular newsletters to members and through ISAANZ conferences.
The Australasian Journal of Irish Studies is the flagship journal of ISAANZ. The current issue (Volume 19) is now available.
- CANCELLED: Flann O'Brien readingsReadings from the works of Flann O’Brien. 21 March 2020, The Quiet Man, Flemington, Melbourne
- Brexit, Ireland and the Politics of VictimhoodFintan O’Toole Lecture, 11 March 2020 6.45-8pm, University of Melbourne. Brexit is altering the “totality of relationships” on the British-Irish archipelago, perhaps in fundamental ways.
- MISS seminar: Making Mannix globalFebruary 11, 2020. Dr Darragh Gannon, Queen’s University, Belfast.2020 O’Donnell Irish Studies Fellow. Making Mannix global, 1919-1923: a Melbourne reader. […]
ISAANZ members receive the following benefits:
- Annual volume of the Australasian Journal of Irish Studies (optional subscription)
- Generous member discounts on back issues of AJIS and selected ISAANZ publications
- Regular newsletters
- Priority registration and discounts for ISAANZ Conferences
- Information about Irish Studies events throughout Australasia